Show-N-Go

lheath

Anyone interested in a Show-N-Go Saturday Sept. 9th? Joan Hurd myself (Lisa Heath) and a few others are planning to meet at the put-in at Back Beach and paddle out to the Straightsmouth and Sandy Bay in Massachusetts. High Tide is 11:48 AM. Everyone will be responsible for themselves, but hopefully we can all stick together. I would like to be on the water by 10:00Am Sharp. I expect that we will paddle approximately 8-10 Nautical miles depending on conditions and what the majority of paddlers feel comfortable with. Temp is expected to be in the 80's. This would be a level 2/3 depending on weather conditions.

I am new to this message board & website as well as kakaying with a group.

Would it be OK if I joined you? (Assuming I can find Back Beach.) I am some what familiar with the area you are refering to.

Thanks.

Back Beach can be reached from Rockport "center" by heading counterclockwise at "town square" exiting when the pier is directly behind you then turning right at the first intersection. This follows the coast to the beach. The parking meters have run out there in the past, I'd suggest all consider Granite Pier (a bit further from Rockport "center"). We have launched/parked there in the past, you park above and launch from the concrete ramp. Of course, you may know better than I or have other parking arraingements.