full moon paddle wednesday night, Portsmouth area?

PeterB

I'd like to see the full moon from the water on Wednesday night, was thinking of @ 8PM launch from Kittery- Frisbee Wharf or thereabouts, clear skies permitting. Would anybody else be interested? I'm a bit hesitant to go alone...

High tide on Wednesday is close to midnight.

Peter

It is hard to say for sure right now if I can, but sounds interesting and would like to do it. I wonder about leaving a little earlier and having say a nice picnic dinner on one of the islands off Foster or Wood Island. Hmmmm. Get a lobster roll, corn, etc to go from Capt. Simons take a stove to warm up the corn...what the heck...who has a big pot...we'll just cook the lobsters out there with the corn...nevermind..I got carried away. I have not checked for when the moon rises but assume it would be around 8PM as it is 9PM on Friday. So we could enjoy a little twilight paddling and then eat while the moon comes up and paddle back with the moon at our backs. Or so it seems without checking.

Ed Lawson

I'm flexible re: launch time, float plan, and gastronomy; if you'all and/or others are interested I can adapt to whatever works for the most people, could be there as early as 7, possibly 6:30, I just need time to get there from work .

>I'm flexible

Me too. Being a working stiff just don't want to get home too late so would like to be off water by 11PM if not 10:30PM.

In terms of eating and all, I'll go with whatever you decide.

Will be able to make go-no go decision around noon wednesday.

Ed Lawson

How about: meet at Frisbee Wharf, Kittery at 7:00, that'll get us out to the Fort Foster/White Island part of Gerrish Is. fastest. There are about 8 free non -resident parking spots ; at that hour some should be free, if not there's the lot across from the general store, which might be free at that hour. I'm working and don't have a lot of time to prepare so I'll grab some sort of prepared food on the way.

I've got glow sticks and an extra c-light if anyone is in need.

Peter