Sunday 8/13 L2/L2+ SNG Schooner Isabella launch UPDATE

Kevin B (RPS Coach)

Contemplating another beginner trip. Apparently, on Sunday the 13th, the Essex Shipbuilding Museum will be launching the schooner Isabella, the first to launch from there in three years. Tentative plan would be to put in at Conomo Point around 1pm and paddle up the Essex River to watch the launch scheduled for around 3pm to coincide with high tide. This is a SNG so although I am organizing it, each of us is responsible for ourselves, etc., etc. If interested, please post here. If I don't get at least three people to join me, I'll make other plans.

http://www.essexshipbuildingmuseum.org/eve...al.html#Launch_

Ok, it's a go. Put in at Conomo Point at 1pm and we'll paddle up the Essex River to view the launch. We'll have time to meander on the way up and the way back. Please note there may be a lot of boat traffic on a bright and sunny Sunday afternoon.

*This is a SNG, so you are responsible for yourself, responsible for yourself, responsible for yourself...repetition to drive that point home. We all tend to look out for each other, but again, you are responsible for your self and your actions.*

Hi Kevin,

It sounds like a fun afternoon. From the map it looks like it might be roughly a 5 to 6 mile paddle with the tide helping a bit. Is that about right?

Thanks,

Ralph Cohn

Elaho DS, blue & white with yellow trim

Hi Kevin

My girlfriend Nanci and I are interested in joining you! We are new to the club. I have done some of the skill sessions at Chebacco lake and can do wet exits. We have both taken the "Paddle from the Core" course. I have a Wilderness Systems Tempest 165. Nanci has a Walden Loon Rec boat (we are looking for a touring boat for her. Any leads would be appreciated!). We have never been on that river but have been on other rivers. Can you give time and directions to the put-in? Also any other things we should be aware of.

You can email me directly at Pdantonio1@comcast.net or post here

Thanks

Paul D'Antonio

Wilderness Systems Tempest 165 All blue

Kevin,

The NSPN home page does not have directions for the Conomo Point put in. Please advise. Is there parking? Or do we need to park in Walter Mears driveway? I'm interested in going.

Kevin, think I might be able to do this? Looks like a wonderful day.

Thanks again to you and Gillian for the hints and kinks; lots to learn still, but every day feels better.

If you think this trip a bit much for my (lack of) skills, no problem. Rather be safe and dry than, well, you get it.

Brian

>Kevin,

>The NSPN home page does not have directions for the Conomo

>Point put in. Please advise. Is there parking? Or do we need

>to park in Walter Mears driveway? I'm interested in going.

Rt. 133 (Exit 14 off 128)to Harlow St. (across from Red Barrel Pub)to (left at fork)Conomo Point Rd.

Harlow St. is just a little west of the Gloucester/Essex town line.

Parking is on street along the marsh across from the put-in.