Wednesday, July 12 - Level 3 Show & Go

alcoons

Looking for companions for a solid Level 3 Show and Go on Wed July 12. Weather is suppose to be great.

Open for anything sensible.... Riverside to Misery? Circumnavigation of Crane's Neck (high tide is 12:45 PM). Something else?

Caveat: I am not a formal leader. While we all are responsible for ourselves, we will work in a group to help each other. Pace will be moderate, distance 10-14...both determined by the group. You should be comfortable in moderate waves and wind.

Post ideas here or email.

Al Coons

Eddyline Nighthawk

Red/White

Kevin.

With the prediction of fog in the morning and thunderstorms in the afternoon....I am wondering if it is worth it.

I did talk to the police in Manchester and they suggested that they are not towing at Tucks Point....Maybe we could launch from there and fool around near Mystery and Baker keeping an eye on the weather. My gut feeling says take the day off. What does your gut (probablyl smaller than mine) say?

Al Coons

Eddyline Nighthawk

Red/White

Al,

Leon and I tried to launch from Tuck's Point Monday. A young man hired to screen cars coming in would not allow us to park in the way back and launch. I don't think they are towing and if you arrive before the guard goes on duty they will probably leave you alone. Sad state of affairs when you are rejected at Tuck's. Maybe we should join the Yacht Club?

Gene

>Al,

>Leon and I tried to launch from Tuck's Point Monday. A young

>man hired to screen cars coming in would not allow us to

>park in the way back and launch. I don't think they are

>towing and if you arrive before the guard goes on duty they

>will probably leave you alone. Sad state of affairs when you

>are rejected at Tuck's. Maybe we should join the Yacht Club?

>

>Gene

Gene.

Thanks so much for the valuable info... Maybe the area kayak clubs should buy a small (less than $3 million) house on the water and share it as a put-in?

Al

Al Coons

Eddyline Nighthawk

Red/White

Al, be careful of your wording -- you start off first post saying "weather supposed to be fine" or words to that effect, then in later post you refer to the fog of this morning (there here in Gloucester harbor) and the thunderstorms of this afternoon (there be, as sure as as eggs are eggs!) Pay attention to detail, my man!

Regards and all that...

>Al, be careful of your wording -- you start off first post

>saying "weather supposed to be fine" or words to that

>effect, then in later post you refer to the fog of this

>morning (there here in Gloucester harbor) and the

>thunderstorms of this afternoon (there be, as sure as

>as eggs are eggs!) Pay attention to detail, my man!

>

>Regards and all that...

Yes. The weather prediction changed over the days between the first and lasts posts. Not sure what you expected me to do?

Al

Al Coons

Eddyline Nighthawk

Red/White