UPDATED!! Marblehead or Salem Evening SNG Friday July 7th

Gillian

Okay so we'll be launching from The Friendship in Salem, at 7:45pm heading over to Marblehead and then back to Salem and drinks at The Pig afterwards.

Chris if you need directions let me know! It's a bit of a portgage from the street to the water so if you have wheels for your kayak bring them along. If there's no parking right on the street, there's a place to pull in, unload all your gear and then there should be plenty of street parking in the neighborhood.

This will be great experience for night paddling in a fairly protected area. The full moon is rising on Monday, so tomorrow should be almost full and the weather should be great!

Good grief! What is this club turning into?

First its manly men hugging, now its route selection based on which bars close last. Finally talk of ledges and swells at night on a SNG no less. Please consider the example you are setting. You act as if its about having fun, enjoying being on the water, and having a little adventure. Oh...nevermind.

On a more rational note, you might consider embellishing one of these irresponsible and frivolous romps...oh...excuse me..by turning it into a full moon dinner/paddle. I know a club that does this and they are popular trips. Go out in early evening (usually Friday), either picnic on island/ledge or go to a restaurant, watch moon moon rise, enjoy the views, let dinner settle, and paddle back so you arrive with enough time to be sodden by the last call at your favorite gin mill...sorry...I didn't mean that.

Ed Lawson

ha! ed, thanks for responding, i was starting to wonder if everyone had burned their kayaks :) then i just realized people are probably jealous of my 5/8 roll :)

i like the idea of the dinner and paddle, weeknights are tough for me as i don't get home until around 7ish usually however, i'll definitely plan something like that for a weekend night.

are ya coming tomorrow?? the more people the more hugs!!!!

If you guys are still heading out, I'd love to join you. I haven't been out on a night time paddle yet, sounds like fun! I'll have to stop by NESC so they can hook me up with some reflective tape and light sticks. (I already have a headlamp and white light).

A post paddle drink sounds good -- although I'll skip the manly hugs ;)

Where have all the paddlers gone? Skill sessions are great but salt water is even better! So come on out tonight and paddle!

Yes, the put-in at the Friendship is a bit of a hike and parking is limited; however, the Pig is only 3 blocks away when we're done and they have Fisherman's Brew from Gloucester on tap :)

I'll be there. Please email me at cbmab at yahoo dot com, if you're NOT going. I'll be away from the computer but can still check my email via phone.

Thanks,

Chris