Cancelled Cape Ann Monday 1/16/2005?

jason

The trip has been canceled due to the current weather forcast as it just won't be fun:

NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 KT... BECOMING W

15 TO 20 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 25 KT EARLY IN THE AFTERNOON...THEN

BECOMING SW 10 TO 15 KT IN THE LATE EVENING AND OVERNIGHT. SEAS 5 TO

8 FT...SUBSIDING TO 3 TO 5 FT IN THE LATE EVENING AND OVERNIGHT.

I was wondering if anybody is up for a trip around Cape Ann? I was thinking launching at the High school at 10:00 AM. A late lunch at Thacher then back to the cars before dark.

This trip is dependent on the weather.

Please let me know if you would like to join me. Standard S&G rules apply.

-Jason

>I was wondering if anybody is up for a trip around Cape Ann?

Whole trip would be a too much for us, but what time are you thinking for lunch on Thacher? Might go for a shorter trip and try crossing paths with you for lunch. As in to and from Granite Pier perhaps.

Ed Lawson

>Consider also Pebble Beach.

That would make only a 2 mile or so paddle if going out to Thacher and back..correct? We were thinking of something in the 6 to 10 mile range.

On second thought, it would give better options if things got bumpy as we could go up to Straitsmouth and down to Milk should time and conditions warrant or shorten up if prudent.

Any particular weather/sea patterns make for more "issues" along that part of Cape Ann?

Is anyone else interested in this shorter jaunt?

TIA

Ed Lawson

Ed just to be clear my trip around the Cape depends on good weather. I would like to meet you for lunch but if the conditions are bad I won't be going.

-Jason

> I would like to meet you for lunch but if the

>conditions are bad I won't be going.

> -Jason

Understood. Had assumed there was a bit of luck involved in meeting on the water regardless. Trust me, if conditions are just leaning toward bad we won't be going.

Ed Lawson