Forest River Practice session this Friday! 7/27"

I'm surprised that there is one this week, I thought these were every other week to accommodate tides... Didn't you have one last friday?

If they are every week now, that's awesome!

Whats Krisbee?

and where have you guys been going to eat for the PPPO?...

If I didn't have another foot appointment friday, I'd be there, especially since I missed the last one. I thought I was being clever scheduling it for a non-tide-appropriate friday.

That sounds like a blast -- I'm sure I would have provided the comic relief AND rescue practice since I've gotten pretty rusty and twitchy from being so kayak-truant lately...

The weather's been so nice, I'm running out of excuses...

P.S. you could get some real distance with an Aerobie! But alas, they don't float if anyone were to miss... I know this - many a lake and pond and ocean have claimed past aerobies from me...

>A massive kayak/frisbee game...

>

>Full Contact - boat to boat and quite frankly I am surprised

>that we all still have our hands and arms...

Full contact is correct!! In fact, if I can remember correctly (the shock has finally worn off), Shaila rammed me at one point and I did capsize. Luckily there just happened to be a big bow right there (the capsizer's) for me to do an eskimo bow rescue.

I still want to work on the new brace we need for gettig proper support when throwing. Not sure it will be useful for much else, but then again, it is Krisbee.

Brian

P&H Capella 163

Red/White/Black trim

NDK Explorer

Melon/Teal/White

So what you're saying is, this game gets aggressive! Its not just frisbee tossing while bobbing up and down. Apparently we have some competive players involved! :)

So I was looking at the other thread for the August F.R.P. Practice Session dates, and it seems like the tides cooperate for every friday in August? Or are those dates still tide dependant & TBA?

I'll have to miss this week, but will make sure I'm prepared in case any more games of krisbee break out in the future. I'm thinking a hockey helmet, mouthpiece, and lacrosse elbow pads should cover it.

Come to think of it, would a hockey helmet float? I guess I'll just have to learn how to control my boat instead.