Next version of the Cetus - exclusive picture

alcoons

Al...scared me there for a minute, as I just ordered one. Since it won't probably arrive until March, I'll be borrowing a locally-produced prototype:

http://auvlab.mit.edu/vehicles/vehiclespecCETUS.html

Cheers.

Ern

Also heard rumor that the hoped-for Cetus LV is NOT yet planned for production due to production delays for the big bro; may even be light-years away. So until then:

http://seds.lpl.arizona.edu/~spider/spider/LG/cet_dw.html

Sorry, Suz.

Ern

>Word has it they are redoing the molds on the Cetus.

>However, a pirated picture of the next version is available

>at;

Well, that is consistent with some comments on PNet about the Cetus.

Ed Lawson

That's right Ernie, LV is awhile away. No biggee, the Cetus really doesn't paddle like a big boat so I am about to order the Cetus rather than waiting. Problem is I just can't decide on colors. Until then, I will be paddling the "Glitter Girl" like a 70's disco through back...

Bet you get your before mine!

Suz

Suz,

Can you think of a better Christmas present than a Cetus HV (Yellow over white), I know that I wouldn't mind finding one under my tree (assuming that I fit it).

BTW my better half liked the looks of "Glitter Girl" it's the first boat that she had any interest in. If there any place to see the options such as "Glitter Girl"

The 2007 P&H Brochure doesn't provide any examples, all it had is:

"

Custom Graphics [2]

Do you want to stand out from the crowd? We can even finish you’re P&H

custom sea kayak with colour blends, glitter or bespoke designs depending on its complexity.

"

-Jason

Jas, here's the link to all the P&H colours; back up and there's a link to the POLYHROME metallic ones, which are $150 and unfortunately add TWO pounds to the net...which precluded my consideration, as I want a clear hull under 50 lbs.

www.llewellyn-ryland.co.uk/ralcolours.html

Best, Ern

PS: polychrome:

www.llewellyn-ryland.co.uk/metallicrange.html

Note that the colors seem to appear pretty dark, at least on my monitor. My favorite 5560 seems to be the medium green used on the Cap163 on p03 of the catalog, for example.

But alas, I don't want the extra kg.

Don't put your order in for this Christmas with Santa as you will have an empty tree!

Thanks to Ernie for providing the custom colors. Basically P&H will do any color you want.

Suz

Gerry's boats are way to nice to put in the Water and smash on the rocks.

I think that my Cetus will be Fiberglass to allow for easier repairs. I love my Shadow but it's just too small and doesn't handle the rocks with the hard chines.

The new skeg will also be very nice. I can't wait, I hope that P&H get a bunch of molds going on the current Cetus. As once they get caught up they can work on the LV and HV model, it would be nice to have under the tree this year.....

-Jason

• 2 weeks later...

Just read a blog on the P&H site confirming new Cetus order delivery past April 08. Sigh....

Also found a new British mag called Ocean Kayaking that unfortunately sells for 90L sterling ($185) per year!

Anybody want to split a copy of the first issue ($16), as it has a full review of the Cetus?!

Ern