Paddling in and about Castine, ME

Rebecca

Do you know of some good (gentle) paddling in the Castine area. We are staying there the last week in July. We're just going to have to miss the DNC chaos - what a shame!

I am a more experienced and able paddler than I am willing to admit (just don't watch me entering and exiting my kayak, please!) - have been 'forced' into Level 3 occasionally due to circumstance and thrived; my partner is newer and survived a 5-day Gulf Islands trip last summer with some 'excitement' included.

Anyway, we'll appreciate any tips OR if any group activity is planned for that area from July 25-July 30, please let us know before July 23.

Thanks!

Rebecca

You don't need to drive..... join MITA which will provide access to several private islands in the Bagaduce. Bureau of Public Lands runs a great wildlife sanctuary over on Holbrook Island.

There is another great reservation required private island north of North Haven easily reachable from Castine as well as a public island. Stretch across is a little more demanding if the sea breeze is up.

Ben Fuller

Cushing Maine