REI Demo Day - Braintree Volunteers Needed!

Gillian

Hi there! Thanks for everyone who is volunteering so far. Most folks can make Horn Pond but we don't have anyone who has volunteered for Braintree. REI just emailed us asking us how things were going and how many boats we might have. Can we get volunteers for Braintree on Saturday the 9th of June? I'd hate for this to be the first year we have to cancel for REI - I know there's LOTS of paddlers out there so we're going to need at least 4 or 5 more volunteers for Braintree for both the booth and more importantly to provide on-water safety. It was a blast last year and a great forum to practice rescues!! Please sign up! :)

I used to do the organizing for this event. What I found is that it is a bit early for people to committ for a busy June weekend. Things are still being juggled around. In my experience, NSPN members always come through when the cry for help is announced the week before.

It is good that you split the Braintree event off on the message board so that you can solicit volunteers for that separately. When the message gets long and lots of responses, people assume that there are enough people.

I will be there for Kokatat this year - look forward to seeing NSPN members there to help out.

This is a great way to meet new paddlers and introduce them to the club.

Suz

Good morning,

I was at the Braintree one last year and it may sound a little too "south shore" to get to but it is real easy. There is even a real coffee house nearby.

I drove by Sunset Lake on Tuesday and if the wind is right you will have plenty of opportunities for rescues and assists.

I may be able to work the booth with Hopefloats but we may have a family committment that has not solidified.

She or I will let you know.

Cheers,

Matt