Body Boat Blade trip

kevinfre

Awhile ago I asked about outfitter recommendations and a couple of folks recommended this outfit. Thought I'd mention that I just booked myself into their June 3-7 instruction and overnight camp session on Orcas Island, BC. I'm already counting the days!

Kevin Fredette

My wife and I did a 5 night circumnavigation of Orcas a couple of summers ago. While you certainly are not isolated all the time, this island is wonderful from the water. Much of the shore and many of the camp-grounds are are only accessible by boat. The tridal flows are massive and confusing. Hitting them right takes local knowledge (a guide). We loved every moment of it. Have a great trip.

Al

Al Coons

Eddyline Nighthawk

Red/White

>My wife and I did a 5 night circumnavigation of Orcas a

>couple of summers ago.

>Al

Al - Did you use BBB or some other outfitter? The "trip" I'm doing is mostly instructional, so I'll probably stick around afterwards for at least another day to just do some paddling around. I was planning to ask the BBB people if they or another local outfitter have a casual one-day tour. If there's a particular company you went with, I'd be interested to hear it.

Kevin

>>My wife and I did a 5 night circumnavigation of Orcas a

>>couple of summers ago.

>

>>Al

>

>

>Al - Did you use BBB or some other outfitter? The "trip"

>I'm doing is mostly instructional, so I'll probably stick

>around afterwards for at least another day to just do some

>paddling around. I was planning to ask the BBB people if

>they or another local outfitter have a casual one-day tour.

>If there's a particular company you went with, I'd be

>interested to hear it.

>

>Kevin

We used Crystal Seas at:

http://www.crystalseas.com/

Found them very professional and fun to be with. Not sure what their one-day trips are like..certainly more crowded, but they seem sensitive and knowledgable. Make sure you mention my name and they will charge you twice as much...no seriously...I have sent other paddlers them.

Al

Al Coons

Eddyline Nighthawk

Red/White