Mystic Lake and Walden Pond

Mystic is always "open" -- nobody patrols or guards it (outside of a state polizei cruiser that checks out the parking lots on hot summer evenings). Of course, the water is a bit hard for a few months of the year -- most years, anyway.

Walden is heavily patrolled and guarded by some of MA's finest. Take a look at the Walden Pond web site for details.

--David.

The boat ramp at Walden opens in April. Unless your'e a senior "quaint term" parking at the site is 5.00 per visit or I think 35.00 per season. The area is patrolled and after one warning without a sticker there is a fine. The ramp usually closes for the season sometime in Nonember. The biggest problem with Walden is that the rangers enforce the evening closing time at 7:30PM even though there still may be plenty of light.

>The biggest problem with Walden is that the rangers enforce the

>evening closing time at 7:30PM even though there still may

>be plenty of light.

Yeah... at about 7:00 they drive down to the beach in an SUV, take out a bullhorn, and loudly announce that everybody has to get out. Sheesh... talk about ruining the ambiance!

--David.

>The boat ramp at Walden opens in April.

Note that to the best of my understnding, the boat ramp closes, but Walden is open during the usual hours. So I think you are allowed to park in the main lot and carry boats down. I haven't heard of anyone doing this.

Ralph Cohn

Black rolling SOF

White (Mark Starr) SOF

Elaho DS, blue & white with yellow trim