New to Sea Kayaking/Beginners Workshop- April 21.

hopefloats

This just might also be the perfect opportunity to convert your non-kayaking friends! Print the attachment in the original post and pass it on! :) :)

If everybody could print a copy and post the flier at work, the Gym etc that would be great. As this workshop is of the most value to people that are new to kayaking that won't know to check the website.

-Jason

Good point Jason. The flier is the attachment at the end of the initial posting.

Al

>If everybody could print a copy and post the flier at work,

>the Gym etc that would be great. As this workshop is of

>the most value to people that are new to kayaking that won't

>know to check the website.

>

>

Al Coons

Eddyline Nighthawk

Red/White

I've posted some fliers at the Lyden pool, North Shore Mall EMS, The Harvard Square EMS on Brattle Street, Asked for approval to post them at the Liberty Tree Mall Dick's Sporting Goods & Sports Authority, and someone beat me to posting them at REI.

I'll try to bring some to upcoming pool sessions for the lobbys to catch Y-goers who might see us in action and be interested...

More ideas are welcome! Help us cover more ground! :) Lets help get newbies started on the right foot! ...Nothings more frustrating than learning you've bought the wrong equipment for the type of paddling you are interested in!

I've now also got them posted in the lobby of the Beverly YMCA ... They turned out to be handy when a woman in the lockeroom asked about what we were doing with all the gear!

...and also North Shore Kayak in Rockport...

• 2 weeks later...

We have 19 participants who have RSVP'd. Still can handle more. Even a few excited last-minute new paddlers who show up unannounced would be welcome although RSVPing through Friday evening would be preferred.

Al

Al Coons

Eddyline Nighthawk

Red/White

• 3 months later...

http://boston.craigslist.org/cal/#classes), etc. It might also be worth posting on local (print) newspaper calendars, but there are a ton of them.>

Hows this?...or this? ... ACK that was too big... how 'bout this one?

If your are new to sea kayaking or a beginner wanting to gain more basic information, join us on April 21 for the Second Annual New To Sea Kayaking Workshop. There will be lots of equipment on hand and presentations from various members of the club. There will be time to get to know each other and ask questions.

Questions or RSPV to kayakclass@verizon.net. More details below, in the attachment, and on the calendar.

Al

Al Coons

Eddyline Nighthawk

Red/White

----------------------------------

New to Sea Kayaking Workshop

Date : April 21, 2007

Time : 9 AM

Who: Those new to sea kayaking and beginners with questions.

Time: 9am - 12 noon (optional local lunch follows at local restaurant).

Fee for workshop: None

Overview: How to choose equipment: kayaks, paddles, clothing and additional equipment. Locating and experiencing initial on-water training. Open discussion and questions welcome.

RSVP please: Email kayakclass@verizon.net to RSVP.

Directions:

From the south, take Rt. 1 north exit off of Route I-95. Follow that to Rt. 97 west into Topsfield. At the stop sign, the library will be on your left and a small side street immediately before the stop sign is on your right - that is East Common Street . Take a right onto this street and park in the lot on the right that is for the Emerson Center/Congregational Church.

From the north, take I-95 south to the Topsfield Rt. 97 exit. Proceed to Congregational Church on the right and Town Common on the left. Make a left turn onto Route 97 East, for 1/2 a second and then take a SHARP left onto East Common St and park in the lot on the right that is for the Emerson Center/Congregational Church.

We have permission to park there from the church.