Canoe Trip March - South

alcoons

Another couple and my wife and I are looking for a 4-7 night canoe camping trip during the end of March. The other couple cannot kayak. We are experienced campers and canoers. Not looking for continuous white water, a great challenge, or endless bugs. Just an interesting river and area to explore and reasonably warm weather.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Al

Al Coons

Eddyline Nighthawk

Red/White

This does not qualify as warm in March, but since you caused me to remember about it, I thought I'd share it for a future paddle for you. :)

The Roanoke River in NC has this cool water trail with platforms in the swamp and stuff partly built in conjunction with the Nature Conservancy. I saw a presentation of this at a conference on eco-tourism efforts in Maine -- it was an example of a cool successful project. Check it out:

http://www.roanokeriverpartners.org/

--b+

There are some well established water trails in the swamps of south Florida. They have nice wooden tent platforms, and you can be sure of warm weather.

There are many good sources for this. The conditions are decidedly not challenging, although mosquitos can be a problem.