The wider the kayak, the better!

Well, I always thought it was so that you'd have enough room to store your pfd next to you in the cockpit so it was right nearby in case you flipped over. That way you could easily reach it and put it on while thrashing around in the cold water.

Clearly the both of you need the extra beam to carry all of the BOOZE you've been chuggin' before logging in this morning. LOL

Cheers, Joe

I didn't know that but... I always thought that NESC should have an open bar and maybe a pool table (or I suppose maybe a billiards table would be more appropriate). I've spent way too much time over there this past week (Brian, watch out... I may steal your cot there!!!). I never knew that boats had such a voracious appetite for FOAM!!!

Cheers, Joe

Suz could stand in our Old Town Adventure XL 160...(26" wide) I can only imagine the acrobatics possible in our Old Town Adventure XL 139 (28" wide)

I think the Chinook will be a refreshing step up for me :)

...that's if you can keep up without passing out in exhaustion!!! :)

those without the skills set, are more likely to be using the wrong muscles to paddle too...

(I speak from experience of course)

>>watch out... I may steal your cot there!!!

So that's where it went. I thought it was reposessed after my having not been on the water for two weeks. Feel...skills...going...must...dry suit...arrive...soon. (Language skills included)

Brian

P&H Capella 163

Red/White/Black trim

>Feel...skills...going...must...dry suit...arrive...soon.

>(Language skills included)

Brian if it helps, the experience is easy to replicate. Every 10 minutes yell "uh oh" and dunk your head in a bucket of ice water. Alternatively you can also consume a pint of ice cream as quickly as possible (the later is at least tasty if not a tad fattening... especially if we're talking about mint-chocolate chip). The end result is similar (in my case a string of four letter expletives followed "damn that water is cold").

BTW... you can have your cot back. I don't want to see any more foam until I buy my next boat.

Cheers, Joe

> Gilly, any comments? ;)

Oh yeah... like she needs encouragement. http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/rolleye/rolleye0010.gif LOL

Cheers, Joe

All bark and no bite. You know you still haven't capsized me! :-P

Cheers, Joe