MYSTIC TONIGHT??

subaruguru

Heard network news posting about Sandy Beach being closed today/tomorrow due to heat-related bacteria counts. Here we go again....

Should we meet again tonight anyway...and perhaps eliminate rolling practice?

Already 81F in Medford at 9AM. Phew....

How do people feel about switching to Walden Pond?

With the heat forecast today, I expect Sandy Beach to remain on alert for several days. I'm not sure that really affects us out in the middle of the lake, but it is a legitimate concern.

Two downsides of Walden -- harder to get to during rush hour on Rt 2; the rangers shut you down with a bullhorn at 7:00 sharp, and you gotta be out of the parking lot by 7:30.

--David.

Hey there, as far as I know the place where you park for boat launching is free - it's across the street from the main parking lot, but the times I've parked there it's been after 5ish . . . don't know if that makes a difference.

David,

I'm afraid that the onerous trip out Rte 2 at 5PM would rule Walden out for me, too. I'll be back on the Mystic Thursday and try to remember to report conditions.

The boat ramp is not free, and it was not free last year. The rangers do come around to ticket (mostly seem to be warnings) but the timing is sporadic. If you arrive there after 5, I don't know if they will bother you. All the regulars there have season passes so we don't need worry about timing.

Ralph Cohn

Elaho DS, blue & white with yellow trim