2023-2024 Pool Sessions sponsored by Rock, Paddle, Surf Kayak Coaching

The winter months offer ample time to develop new skills and practice old ones! From rolling to rescues, you can redefine the limits of your current skillset and be ready for new, incredible adventures next summer. So, come on out and join us in a fun, supportive learning environment! Please note that space is extremely limited so be sure to register early. This event is cross-listed.

https://www.salemkayak.com/gear-trips-courses/pool-sessions

Come practice and learn in a warm, encouraging environment during the colder months of the year!

• -We have options for practice only or formal instruction.
  • -For those seeking professional instruction, the fee is $75, using their own equipment.
  • -For those who just want to practice, the fee is $30 with their own equipment.
  • -For those who need to rent equipment, the fee is $30 in addition to the pool fee. Please reach out by email if you would like to rent equipment.
  • We limit the number of instructional spots to 4 and students can work on whatever they desire, such as strokes, rolling, rescues, etc.
  • -All boats must be clean and free of debris before entering the pool.
  • -Registration will be complete upon registering through our website.
  • -Due to the costs involved with renting the pool, we are unable to offer refunds unless inclement weather forces a YMCA closure.
  • -All sessions run from 3:30 pm to 5:30pm. We have 15 minutes before and after to move boats, change, etc.

14 hours ago, billvoss said:

I've practiced at Kevin's pool sessions for many years. This season I signed up for his November 19, December 10, January 7, January 21, February 4, and February 18 sessions.

What?!  Does this mean we won't have the rolling master with us in Haverhill ??

9 hours ago, prudenceb said:

What?!  Does this mean we won't have the rolling master with us in Haverhill ??

I am still (impatiently) waiting for NSPN, AMC NH Paddlers, and AMC Boston WW paddlers to formally announce what if any pool rolling they will be offering.

I certainly hope to attend more than six pool sessions this season @prudenceb.  However, I did not make the same mistake this year, and let all of Kevin's January and February sessions fill up before I registered.  That will limit how many NSPN pool sessions I attend compared to last year.

So if you want to be sure of getting my tutoring, you should sign up for Kevin's November, December, January, and/or February sessions!  The Lowell YMCA sessions do have some advantages compared to Haverhill.

• The Lowell YMCA has adjustable temperature showers (Men's side personally confirmed) unlike Haverhill.
  • The start time is comfortably after lunch, but the finish is early enough that my wife doesn't gripe about delaying dinner.
  • We have historically not been stepping on another group's session when we start, nor had another group crowding us as we leave.
  • In my own case the one way drives are very different in time and distance
    • (AMC NH) Boys & Girls Club of Greater Nashua 7,2 miles, typically 14-18 minutes
    • (Kevin) Lowell YMCA 23.4 miles, typically 26-35 minutes.
    • (NSPN) Haverhill High School 39.2 miles, typically 40-55 minutes.
    • (AMC Boston) Arlington Boys & Girls Club 41.8 miles, typically 45 minutes to 1 hour.

Since White Water paddling usually starts in March, I probably won't attend many if any late season NSPN pool sessions.

• 2 months later...