Sirius Question

birdseye

>Can anyone tell me what the optimum weight range is for the

>P&H Sirius "M"?

P&H gives an optimal load range of 143 to 253# for the Sirius.

To me that suggests the boat is likely designed for or work well for a paddler/kit as a day boat weighing around 190/200#, but that is a SWAG.

My understanding the current boat is the M version.

Ed Lawson

>P&H only sells 1 Sirius model now, does anyone know if it is

>M model?

Did you get this info off the website or from a dealer? Give NESC a call, the P&H site doesn't list the Orion either, but they still make them.

You might able able to find an M, HF, or L Sirius used.

>...the P&H site doesn't list the Orion either, but

>they still make them...

A great boat to learn boat handling techniques and develop endurance as it neither tracks nor turns easily and where most boats "glide" somewhat once moving this boat always feels like its at rest. Maybe if the hull wasn't so scratchy...

>>P&H only sells 1 Sirius model now, does anyone know if it is

>>M model?

>

>Did you get this info off the website or from a dealer? Give

>NESC a call, the P&H site doesn't list the Orion either, but

>they still make them.

>You might able able to find an M, HF, or L Sirius used.

Actually, I'm interested in a used Sirius M and am just trying to find out what the optimum weight capacity is. That info isn't available on P&H's site since they only make one Sirius model now. I'm assuming that they chose the "M" as that model and just trying to find out if anyone knows if that the case. If that is correct then I already know the weight capacity. If it is not the case I'm hoping someone out there has the "M" model and can tell me the weight capacity (or knows this answer).

Hopefully I made that clear enough.

Thanks for the input so far but still looking for something a little more definitive if possible.

> somewhat vague, but

>hopefully a bit helpful

Speaking of vague info, I find the graphs on the new VCP website to be inscrutable. And still no info on volume. To their credit P&H has provided more info about volume and load ranges than the two other main Brit producers to the US market and nearly all of the US/CAN producers as well.

Ed Lawson

You'll love the Sirius, believe me: it is a quick boat; it is a strong-tracking boat and it turns dramatically enough if you get it properly up-on-edge. Ignore what others say about it neither tracking nor turning -- I lived with one for six or seven years!

Go and try one out!

I have a used Sirius for sale, but it's in NY. If you're willing to travel to test-paddle it and check it out here are the details:

Poppy red deck, white hull. Skeg, 3 completely dry hatches, keel strip. Good condition (no leaks or any scratches deeper than the gelcoat but very well and happily used). I think it's 4 years old. $1400.

I love this kayak and am just selling it to get more volume for camping gear.

Lyn