Carbon Fiber Paddle Repair

Hi all - I have a Swift carbon fiber shaft paddle that's snapped in half. This is a 2 piece paddle that broke right at the point where the one half narrows to fit into the other half. It's roughly 15 years old.  Anyone have a recommendation on where to bring this to get it fixed?  I don't think these are made anymore.  Thanks. 

Did it break while paddling or was it an accident? If an accident maybe it is repairable imo. 

If it broke while paddling toss it and be done with it.

I have a Lendal CF shaft that broke on me. It is older and I figure it was fatigue and stress over time. I have worked with epoxy and carbon fiber on many kayaks and paddles, so I did a good repair and to my surprise it broke at the repair while rolling. 

I could fix it but I would not trust it. IE: Do you use an insert dowel and then wrap with CF and epoxy? Do you just wrap with CF?

Does an insert make a hard spot that lets go first? 

Would you be happy if it was fixed as a one piece?

Ya got me in the weeds....

1 hour ago, Paul Sylvester said:

Did it break while paddling or was it an accident? If an accident maybe it is repairable imo. 

If it broke while paddling toss it and be done with it.

I have a Lendal CF shaft that broke on me. It is older and I figure it was fatigue and stress over time. I have worked with epoxy and carbon fiber on many kayaks and paddles, so I did a good repair and to my surprise it broke at the repair while rolling. 

I could fix it but I would not trust it. IE: Do you use an insert dowel and then wrap with CF and epoxy? Do you just wrap with CF?

Does an insert make a hard spot that lets go first? 

Would you be happy if it was fixed as a one piece?

Ya got me in the weeds....

It broke while paddling in a heavy current.  I could deal with it fixed as a one piece, but that’s a fair point about it breaking while using. Inserting a solid wood dowel would probably just about double the weight anyway, then what’s the point….

Thanks for the insight. Cheers!