Sunday 7/23 Swampscott

JanetL

Hello

@Stephanie Golmon and I are planning a paddle this Sunday 7/23 from Fisherman's Beach in Swampscott. 9:30am launch time, limiting group size due to parking.

We're hoping to find some "grandma waves" at King's beach / Nahant and/or head north along the coast. Bring a helmet if you are optimistic, lunch/snacks for a full day on the water, and an appropriate sea kayak.

https://forms.gle/8rnLGWnEzKdtjYGF7  for sign up.  (If the form is closed, trip is full)

Edited by JanetL

Janet, can you give the approximate route?  Is this trip going to have both touring and surfing, or is it just majority surfing?  

Reason I ask is I am not much of a surfer, happy to play along for a bit, but not a large chunk of day.  I much prefer touring and checking out the area.  

Thanks,

Bob

Hi Bob!

Good question, and it depends on what we find. If by some miracle that is good surf I image we will spent quite a bit of time in it. (same if there is any rock play to be found further north). I am not that optimistic based on the forecast for either, however.

Janet

Thanks Janet.  I do like Rock play, and like some surfing, and as I mentioned touring, so I think it will be a fun day.  I know Dave and looking forward to meeting you and Stephanie.  I have never paddled Swampscot/Nahant area so that will be cool (been to marblehead/salem/beverly many times).  I will plan to arrive 9AM to be ready to launch 9:30.  

8 minutes ago, NPearson said:

Hi Janet, 

I tried to sign up on the google forms on my phone, but I think I screwed up - Did I make the cut?

Nick

Yep. I’ll send an email later today w water quality info etc. Looking forward to seeing you!