FloatingTrails.com Workshop: Wed. 3/15/23 @ 7pm

Joseph Berkovitz

Hi folks,

In a few weeks on March 15 I'm giving a Zoom workshop for paddlers on how to make the best use of my website floatingtrails.com. I've been very busy working on it this winter and I'm excited to share its new capabilities with everyone!  This will be a fun event, not a highly technical workshop, because the site is simple and easy to use. My goal is simply to demonstrate what we can do with it as paddlers.

If you haven't tried FloatingTrails.com yet, it is basically a single place on the web for us paddlers and small boat owners to plan our trips. It lets you:

• explore the United States coastline
  • access weather/ocean observations and predictions
  • interactively explore tide and current predictions for future dates
  • print high-quality navigation charts of any area
  • find area locations to launch, visit and camp
  • plan routes with bearings and mileages
  • easily share a custom map as a web link

If you're already familiar with FloatingTrails.com, I have some surprises for you! The site has now expanded to cover the whole United States including AK/HI and territories, and it can print high-quality charts right from your browser. The resulting charts can include custom routes, magnetic grid lines, visual tide predictions for any date, and landmarks as you please. In most of New England, you can still print the original raster charts too. 

If you think you'd like to come, please sign up below:

https://www.nspn.org/forum/calendar/event/1393-using-floatingtrailscom-to-plan-your-paddle/

I'll be sending out a zoom link the morning of the event.

Hope to see you there,

Joe