Wilderness First Aid Class CANCELLED

ccarlson

Due to lack of participation, we've had to cancel the WFA class originally scheduled for June 17-18. All who sent in payment will have their checks returned.

We will try this again either in the Fall or early next Spring.

Thanks!

I took the Solo course last year. The cert lasts for two years, and they also have an option to squeeze in the CPR cert.

I highly recommend it - in fact - I had a choking incident at work and had to do a Heimlich to clear a woman's trachea, not to mention other minor incidents - so this training is definitely valuable!

John H.

I'd be interested if I am available-don't know my schedule for May yet. The scenarios portion of the trip leader training is on the May 7th and Mother's Day on May 14th and the trip leader make-up day on the 21st. Do both days have to be on the same weekend or could they be 2 consecutive Saturdays?

Carl,

I am interested, and would not like to miss this opportunity : can the class be scheduled some time in June? NSPN trip leader training is scheduled for two of the four weekends in May; Memorial Day & probably Mothers Day weekends are out for me. Some of us will need a little time during that month to go paddling maybe once, take out the garbage,do a few loads of laundry etc.

-Peter

It would need to be Sat-Sun as the instructors will be coming in from out of town. We are still in the scheduling process so, once firmed up, will post actual dates. Thanks for your interest!

• 2 weeks later...

Take the class if you can. I just recertified my WFR with WMA. I started years ago with the first WFA class with the club and have gone on to Wilderness First Responder, maybee Wilderness EMT in the future. I have only had to use the skills a couple of times but haveing them made the situation a minor incident not a major event.

It is worth the time.

Jonathan

• 1 month later...

I am sorry to see the class cancelled. I was definitely interested but I will be traveling almost all of June and couldn't commit a whole weekend on top of the travel. If you reschedule in the Fall could you consider offering the class in the evening during the week. I know it would be less convienent for some but it would definitely work better for me.

David