So how was the surf class?

natalia

On Saturday the beginner class moved north from Nahant to Kings Beach near the wall in Swampscott. When I showed up at 2:30, the group was coming off the water for a short break. Everyone had smiles on their faces and seemed to be having a blast.

I left the beach at 4:45 and Dave and Karen were still pushing Nigel for more!

Thanks so much for loaning your boat for the weekend. I saw that Nigel taught it a few tricks while he was using it!

Suzanne

Bill's boat was lonesome while it was sitting on the beach and because my hair was already wet from the rain, I couldn't resist just giving his Avocet a try. It was a bit awkward as he doesn't have foot pegs and he is a wee bit taller... I did have to steal someone's pfd and helmet but I got a few runs in!

Suz

PS - you should still feel sorry for me though. I am up to my ears in boxes getting ready to move - never a fun job!

And, your Legend is safely back in your garage. We dropped it off on the way back to Gloucester after the advanced "surf" - turned into a "directional control in the wind on a pond" class. The gale force winds flattened the sea so there was no surf on Sunday, alas.

Liz N.

The waves at Walden were nearly large enough to surf on Sunday. I'll bet one of the larger area lakes might have been doable.

The wind made a couple of rolls that I've been having trouble with much easier to hit. That let me work out some refinements and try new things. Now I need a quiet day to see if they'll still work.

Ralph Cohn

Elaho DS, blue & white with yellow trim