Walden Wednesday (August 30th, 2017)

billvoss

I expect to arrive around 4pm this Wednesday for the final Walden session on the calendar for 2017.  Last week the water temperature was 78 degrees according to The Walrus.  However, with the cooler air temperatures predicted this week some form of thermal protection is now recommended for comfort.

Concord public schools resume this Wednesday.  That combined with the cooler air temperature forecast makes a closing unlikely.  However just in case, plan B for this week remains Whites Pond (See the Walden Wednesday Plan-B options Discussion Thread for Whites Pond logistical details).  Basically if you don't get a space marked for car-top boats, park at the school.  Definitely do NOT park in the private beach club's upper parking.

While I am very open to continuing Walden sessions into September on a week-by-week basis, I will be in Maine next week, arriving home late the following Tuesday.  So others will need to step up and organize next week, and perhaps announce the following week as well.

I will be at Walden if it doesn't close. The walk from the school (if there is not a spot by the water) would be too far for me to walk with an injured foot. I am keeping my fingers crossed for Walden. I haven't been for so long. I hope I remember how to roll!