Walden Wednesday (July 12th, 2017)

billvoss

The weather odds look good for Wednesday.  I'll plan to arrive around 4pm assuming someone else posts they want to join me.

I think there is a good chance we will get to Ooh and Aah over Peter's new Gearlab paddle.  So this week's Walden is also a Gearlab Rendezvous!  Bring your Gearlab or at least Greenland style paddle if you own one.

As always everyone is welcome, even if they don't use a Greenland paddle.  If you haven't attended before, see the NSPN Calendar Entry for useful details.

Unfortunately I won't be attending but, if anyone wants to try the Gearlab Kayakid paddle please let me know, I have a demo unit for anyone who interested let me know.  You can even take it for a few days, just don't break it otherwise you owe gearlab $$$$.

I'm not sure what time I'll get there. I have an afternoon appointment but will go prepared to come straight to Walden. I'll find you if you're already on the water. Looks like the weather may be iffy

I'm still going.  However, if the sky looks threatening I'm going to practice in sight of the boat ramp instead of paddling across the lake.  If there is thunder, I'll probably pack up and leave, not try and wait it out.

On the bright side, the forecast will probably make parking easier.  While the weather odds have certainly changed for the worse, as I post this the odds are still in our favor.