Walden (June 14, 2017)

billvoss

The forecast looks good for this Wednesday.  My default arrival time is 5pm, but I'm also open to arriving around 4pm if others prefer.  4pm certainly worked well last week.

I plan to be there if someone else posts they will be joining me.

Edited by billvoss
typo

Lets target to arrive at the boat ramp around 4:30pm today.

I'll actually try to get there earlier, but that is to deal with my parking pass.  Not sure how long that will take.

Bill, are they being strict about parking permits in the lower lot  (down by the water) this year? 

I doubt I can get there by 4:30 but I'll be along not too long thereafter

Peter 

58 minutes ago, PeterB said:

Bill, are they being strict about parking permits in the lower lot  (down by the water) this year?

It will be good to see you again Peter.

I purchased a year long pass with a credit card from the automatic machine now installed at the lower boat ramp lot.  It also sells day passes.  I received a slip of paper which said to exchange it within 2 weeks at the park office (I believe for a hang tag).  The ranger who usually works the boat ramps on Wednesdays told me that she would not ticket me this summer if that slip of paper was on my dash, and that I did not have to exchange it within 2 weeks.  If I wanted to exchange it, I should go to the visitor center in the new building at main parking.  However, the visitor center closes at 5pm and she told me this around 7pm last week as we were getting off the water.

Unless I am running really late, my plan is to visit the visitor center today.  I would rather have a durable hang tag than a fading slip of fragile paper.

"The Walrus" said the temperature was between 76 and 77 degrees, the heat wave brought it up about 10 degrees since last week!  We definitely had a good evening on the water.

12 hours ago, billvoss said:

"The Walrus" said the temperature was between 76 and 77 degrees, the heat wave brought it up about 10 degrees since last week!  We definitely had a good evening on the water.

Gee, merely THIRTY degrees warmer than the water I was in that day!