With great sadness...Deb Dempsey

Lbeale

I am sadden to share the news that Deb Dempsey, a longtime NSPN member, died over the weekend.  Those of us who paddled or spent anytime with Deb know that she was truly a kind and loving person. I am so grateful to have known her. My thoughts and prayers go out to her family and particularly Dotty, her partner and her daughter, Becca.

If you want to know the arrangements, please email me lbealeatspringfieldcollegedotedu.

Les

Leslie, thank you for letting us know: I had been expecting this very soon and -- in a certain way -- it is over now: no more fighting.  We shall miss her, won't we?  Suzanne is away; but I have sent her a text message (whatever that is).

What an amazing, exquisite example Deborah set during these past two years!  It seems to me inconceivable that anyone could possibly have shown more grace and forbearance during her trials with her cancer.  What a wonderful woman!  And what marvellous company she was on the water and -- as Brian writes above -- so kind and gentle.

"Goodnight sweet Prince(ss) -- and flights of angels sing thee to thy rest!"

Edited by Pintail