Party!

PeterB

Thanks to everyone or such a fine NSPN  party at the Gould Barn last night.
It was very nice to see lots of new and old faces,  and meet a few new people. There  was a potluck dinner to match any in our illustrious gastronomic  history, with too many   favorites to  point out any one  in particular ( but I  did take take  a special liking to the corn pudding)  and very special thanks to Pru Baxter and Janice Cotton who did phenomenal work to  create a  very successful  raffle, also to Cathy Folster who  did much (labels, bags etc)  to prepare the raffle display.  This raffle  resulted in many folks strolling away happily with all sorts of kayak gear and members artwork  , (including a  grand prize of a WernerCypress paddle donated by John Carmody and Seacliff Paddlers)  , and NSPN coming away with $700 (!!) in raffle contributions, which will be donated to Maine Island Trail Association, Maine Coast Heritage Trust, and Salem Sound Watch. 
I had a great time, and am only sorry I didn't get to talk with everyone, but the party would have had to be several hours longer than that : Thanks, everyone !