Paddle either Saturday 9/12 or Sunday 9/13?

Ginger

Good morning!

Alas, due to work eating my life I'm not able to make it to the MDI extravaganza this weekend. Is anyone else in similar circumstances and stuck down here this weekend? I'm happy to plan something for either day: location and time flexible. It has been a while since I've been to Minot Light, so that's a good option, but am also open to anything North Shore.

Minot is good as is any part of Boston harbor. Can only do Saturday.

A good route is Cohassett to Scituate-North river and back with a stop at Minot light but it is lengthy 16 miles. could do a one way-two car (6 miles) trip if preferred.

Pablo

Quincy, MA

Here is my proposal:

Launch Site: Cohasset Marina (Longitude: -70.786783 Latitude:42.239142)
Launch time: 10:30 am on SATURDAY 9/12. (Not generally one for later starts, but the tides aren't great for an earlier start.)
Head out to Minot and then turn South with the intention of Situate Light. Winds are expected to pick up in the afternoon, and with the somewhat later start, we will decide if Scituate Light is reasonable based on the speed and feelings of the group (and the forecast tomorrow morning). If we keep a reasonable pace we'd then return to Cohasset Marina generally around the start of the incoming tide (or at dead low). Sunset is 6:58. Total distance for this would be 14ish miles.
Should some people want a shorter trip, they could launch with us at Cohasset and make Minot, either turning around at that point or turning around after the longer group makes Smith Rocks.
Edited by Hill

Thanks for trying to make this go. Right now it is hard to tell if there is enough people for two groups, what the distance would be, and who has the local knowledge to lead the shorter trip. Guess I was thinking more like 12 and less. Let's see what postings there are tonight.

Okay, it sounds like Pablo, at least, is committing. I will be there tomorrow at 10:30am, I don't really care where we go. My preference is longer, but I'm fine with whatever.

The one way is a lot of futzing with boats and cars, so that's my last choice.