Sat 8/15 - Circumnavigate Crane's - Level 3

alcoons

Circumnavigate Crane's From Pavilion Beach

Date: Saturday 8/15

Launch: 10 AM, (Beach Briefing 9:45 AM).

Status: Need a minimum of 2 other committed paddlers to confirm. Confirmation will be posted on this thread.

Route: 11miles: http://www.mappedometer.com/?maproute=451830 Circumnavigate Crane's from Pavilion Beach. First 4+ miles is open ocean along the beach. Parts of the first mile can be slow due to incoming current but we have all done it before.

Put-in: Pavilion Beach, Ipswich. See map under "route" above. Note: no formal bathroom facilities and a busy beach. Go before you leave Ipswich.

Trip Type and Tone: Level 3. CAM. All stay together. Support each other. Conservative decisions. Should be comfortable with wind and waves

Bring: Water & lunch, snacks, extra clothing, etc.

Tides are perfect: Hi Tide: Around 12:40 PM

Al Coons
Cetus
Red over white, mostly over

We have three so this trip is confirmed! I hope others can join us. This has been a wonderful NSPN trip which has done every year.

Al

PS. Of course check here for last minute changes due to weather or seas.

Glad we have a nice size good and a good weather prediction at this point (Thursday midday)

-- Please fill in the 1 minute questionaire about contact and safety info at http://goo.gl/forms/6gtEu4KdrC as suggested by the NSPN CAM description. Please note that my cell number is in the introduction in case you need to contact me.

-- Our paddle is tide dependent. While we have plenty of leeway, let's launch on time if possible.

Al

Is it too late to join you? I don't yet have a reliable roll, but otherwise I'm level 3. I believe we paddled togther at Admiral Perry's this year.

I lost my roll years ago (bad shoulder). Join us. See previous post for link to a one minute survey for communication and safety.

al