SPRING 2015 LAUNCH SITES

David M

Probably, like many of us, I've just started to sort out some proper launch sites. I'm starting a thread with the intent of providing a collection point for real-time updates on relatively clear pathways to launch (MA,NH, ME). I had business in Portsmouth this past week (3/16) and intentionally diverted to Peirce Island with the hopes of scoping out a weekend launch site. It was not a successful trip. Evidently the city of Portsmouth used the lot to dump an endless amount of snow. Many of the piles were well in excess of 30 feet. What's your experience?

slightly off topic:

Yes they have used the parking area for years but it is usually sparse by now. This year they ran out of space and started piling near the dog walking area. Assuming the picture comes through you will see a very large pile of snow with two full size excavators on it trying to get the snow up higher. I would not want to be in either as I thought the top one was close to the edge and the bottom one could get crushed.

post-100078-0-24562700-1427019394_thumb.