Maine Coastal Public Access Guide

gyork

Just received the "Midcoast Region" booklet from this 3-volume series. Pinpoints, with map AND GPS coordinates, launch sites with information about parking, restrooms, etc. A bonus feature is information about coastal preserves for day hikes. Though no details re: overnight or extended parking, one might be able to arrange parking, as I have in the past, with the local police/town manager, especially in the off-season.

http://www.maine.gov/dacf/mcp/coastal-access-guide.htm

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the tip Gary,

I just got my set (of course, I had to order all 3), doing a quick check it seems to include all the landings that I might have considered 'obscure'. These are a 'must have' for any Maine paddler. This year we had luck for extended parking with local land trusts and private business (Wooden Boat School). Ask nicely!

As a reminder, the Mass Office of Coastal Zone Management publishes a guide to access points on the north shore. Currently out of print but you can access the online content here.

Barry.