New NOAA Graphical Forecast Page

lhunt

Don't know if others already know, but I just found the new "proposed" NOAA graphical forecast here. Nice zoom in capabilities (if a little slow), but I don't see wind direction yet :-( Maybe they're working on it - there is one little barb there. They are looking for feedback...

-Lisa

Edited by LHuntington

I see wind -- it's in a drop down menu -- both speed and gusts.

But I don't see anything marine -- wave height or water temp. Am I missing something?

--David

Wave height is in the drop down menu too. However, it's a little freaky to see 5 foot waves at China Lake, CA.

-Leon

Who used to swim in China Lake :haha:

I see wind -- it's in a drop down menu -- both speed and gusts.

But I don't see anything marine -- wave height or water temp. Am I missing something?

Wind speed and gusts are there. I was missing direction. But if you zoom out enough you do see some barbs. I zoomed in before pulling up wind speed as a choice, so I only got one little barb that happened to fall on Cape Ann.

Wave height is in a "marine" subsection of the drop-down. You have to scroll down for it.

I don't think the old one had water temps, did it? I get those from here, with a grain of salt...

It (the NOAA new one) is very slow, though.

Edited by LHuntington

I don't think the old one had water temps, did it? I get those from here, with a grain of salt...

Try this (but not zoom-able)