Tiderace/Valley Dealers in/near Maine?

flipe8

I've been having quite a difficult time finding a dealer for either of the companies through their websites. Does anyone have any current info on where I might be able to find either one of these companies' current offerings, ideally in Maine?

Thanks very much

Hi,

You can find Valley kayaks through Coastal Maine Kayaks in Kennebunkport ~ ask for Theresa.

If you are looking for a Nordkap LV, one of our esteemed members has one for sale,

flipe8, Katherine is correct: <if>, by any chance, you are interested in a Nordkapp LV, do say so here -- I have a very lightly-used one that I hardly paddle (I prefer ocean cockpits and neither do I need an expedition boat). (Thank you, KR!)

I've been having quite a difficult time finding a dealer for either of the companies through their websites. Does anyone have any current info on where I might be able to find either one of these companies' current offerings, ideally in Maine?

Thanks very much

A few Tideraces for sale in the classified section on the site too.

I think Tiderace kayaks are currently without a US dealer, so the only Tiderace boats in the country would be from the previous dealer, so they'd mostly be available trough classifieds or whatever dealers still have Tiderace boats in stock from their last orders. Charles River Canoe and Kayak in Newton Mass had Tiderace boats for a year or two , not sure if they still do.

Actually Tiderace does have a US Importer and a dealer network. Ryan Rushton at Geneva Kayak Center in Chicago is the man in charge of Tiderace in the US. He imports Tiderace, and distributes the boats to dealers. You can contact him for details about local dealers. (As far as I know, MaineSport is no longer a Tiderace dealer.)

For the original poster, Ryan will be travelling through Saint John in September with a trailer full of Tiderace Demos, on his way to the Bay of Fundy Symposium. There will also be demo boats available from Valley. Might be a great opportunity to try out everything you're interested in, (and maybe even pick up a deal on a demo.) For details about the symposium, visit www.bofsks.org.

I also have a handful of boats from Valley (Gemini SP, Etain, Aquanaut), for people to use during my classes, and I'm just a couple hours from you. If you'd like to come give one a try, let me know.

Nate Hanson

Pinniped Kayak

www.pinnipedkayak.com

Edited by Nate

Thanks very much for the info, Nate. I might take you up on trying one of your boats this summer. My son and I paddled a few days down your way last summer and it's a spot high on our list to hit again. I might also try to get in contact with Ryan as well, especially seeing he's coming this way.