Babes in Boats 06.08.14

Katherine

A bevy of bodacious babes and beautiful boats gathered in Sir Christopher's special launching spot in Gloucester near the Greasy Pole on a truly beautiful Sunday morning. Janice greeted us with a batch of her now famous scones.

After wardrobe discussions and adjustments were made (thanks Sherri & Janice for the loan of clothes) we had our beach briefing and confirmed our route and destination while identifying what to look for and what to look at.

We launched with Sherry setting the pace and route, Lorrie as inside wing-babe, Suz as outside wing-babe and me as sweep. I became quite accustomed to being in the back during my first two years paddling and I like it there!

We made our way down the coast sight-seeing and chatting. I got to sing a refrain that is familiar to anybody that has spent a chunk of time with me, "I used to live there!". Hey, that's what happens when you have moved 13 times since you were 18...

Lunch was at Magnolia Harbor were the customary good food was shared including cookies, more scones and a selection of fresh fruit. After lunch we headed back with more chatting and sight-seeing. Lorrie, Florence and the Machine's hit is still in my head!

The return trip was uneventful except... Sherry did a fabulous job of coordinating the crossing of Blynman Canal. It was textbook perfect! A single parallel line, just in case people aren't sure what "textbook perfect" is. ;-)

When we landed we de-briefed, loaded up and went to a fantastic ice cream place, (I thought I knew where all the best ice cream places where but I had never experienced this one) where we indulged while sitting on the grass and yes, chatting.

A great day was had by all. I hope that someone took pictures and will post them.

Thanks for making it a great day!

What a great day it was! Thanks Katherine for organizing another fantastic Ladies Paddle. We had sunny skies, calm seas and chatted and sang our way along the coast. Sherry did indeed execute a perfect point the entire trip. We ended the paddle with a caravan of eight to a wonderful homemade ice cream place. Great company, great paddle...we need another one on the calendar!

Janice