RSVP and Private message

Debra Hodgkins

Mike, it's likely I'm just being a bit stupid about using the site, but even being a paid member and being signed on, I have not found a way to search for a particular member, find their profile (plural pronoun as singular inserted to annoy you!) and message them, unless I can find an already existing post by that person. and even then I might need to know what obscure screen name is attached to what real name.  For example, if I had just met you at a paddle and wanted to connect, and you had never posted, I would not be able to find you by name.  And if you had chosen the screen name MikeH or KayakHero  I wouldn't be able to find you through one of your posts either.  Are there some global settings that could be a little less protective of privacy?

It would be great if everyone used their name as you do (and I don’t, quite).  You can go to search (magnifying glass at top right), select member search, and search on name or many other fields. 

If I posted as KayakHero I’d get laughed right out of here.