Paddling With NSPN - What You Should Know (May 4th @ 7:00pm)

rfolster

Are you new to the club?  Maybe you are a long-time member that hasn't paddled with us in a while.  Join us for a discussion about being a participant on any of the many trips with NSPN.  In this presentation, we can discuss among other things:

• Various ways trip organizers set up registration (and why)
  • How you can determine if the trip is right for you (look at Trip Levels web page ahead of time)
  • What time do you need to be there?
  • On the water - what you should expect from the group, and what they should expect of you?
  • What is (was) CAM, and is it still around?  Check out this web page for more info.
  • Who's leading these trips, anyway?
  • Who can post trips?

Post here if you are interested in attending, and if there is another topic related to participating on trips you would like discussed.  The link for this virtual discussion is posted to the NSPN Business forum (you must be a current member to access that forum).

Looks like we have a good size group with a wide diversity of experience with the club, which is excellent.  Here are a few notes about tonight:

• We are not setting policy, but just sharing helpful information and observations
  • I will ask that attendees use the chat feature or raise a hand if they have a question or comment.  I know it can be a little grade-school-ish, but it is helpful for allowing everyone a chance to speak.
  • Due to the size of the group, we need to keep questions and comments brief and on-topic.  There is a lot to discuss, and any one topic could go all night if we let it!

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

I was very sorry that many of the folks who voiced interest in this Zoom discussion ended up not joining  in - especially folks newer to the club.  A lot of valuable info imparted and discussed.  Wish we'd had all of your input!  Maybe next time ??.

Prudence