Pre Easter Bunny Plunge

JaneC

I am wondering if there is any interest amongst those that cannot attend the Easter Bunny Plunge on Easter Sunday in joining me in a pre Easter Bunny Plunge on Saturday April 16. Time and place to be determined once we have a better handle on weather, etc.

You must have the following:
- Food and a hot beverage
- Drysuit with proper footwear and appropriate under layers (if you don't have a drysuit, inquire about borrowing or renting)
- Neoprene cap or hood
- Neoprene gloves or poggies
- Wool or fleece hat
- Wool or fleece gloves or mittens
- Down or synthetic insulated jacket that fits over your PFD
If you have the following, you should also bring them:
- Storm cag
- Warm outer pant layer (worn at launch to unload and pack boat)
- Spare under-layers (in case your primary set gets wet)
- Padding to sit on (camp chair, carpet square, piece of foam, etc)
- Hypo kit (various items to help deal with hypothermia for yourself and/or others)
- Group shelter
Please see the Easter Bunny Plunge posting for details I may have missed

• 2 weeks later...

The long range forecast, as of today indicates that it is going to be a nice, somewhat sunny day with mild temperatures AND a lots of WIND.  13-18 mph. That’s too much for  me for my first day out.  Any thoughts?

Just a thought: You could do a one-way south-to-north run, maybe Riverhead to West Beach, or Rye to Odiorne (need to think about harbor entry during ebb), or something like that.

Zone forecast for Saturday is S winds 15 to 20 kt, becoming SW 10-15kt - gusts to 25 kts -seas 2-4-ft. I plan to cancel this trip as I do not feel comfortable with that much weather. Please feel free to plan something amongst yourselves