Saturday August 7, Odiorne to Rye

JanetL

Not doing the skills practice Saturday? Join us in a paddle from Odiorne to Rye (where I have heard they sell lobster rolls). Change in conditions may dictate route change so may be best to bring a snack as well as cash.

9am sharp launch from Odiorne to return by 3pm. Make sure you reserve parking!  

https://www.nhstateparks.org/visit/state-parks/odiorne-point-state-park

Post here or PM me if coming. 14 foot sea kayaks with flotation and deck lines required. 

BTW, if you are 62+ you can get a Senior Lifetime pass for $80:  America The Beautiful National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass

That is good for parking at Odiorne so you only pay the $1 processing charge when you reserve. You can get one at the entrance to Plum Island.

Liz

16 hours ago, eneumeier said:

BTW, if you are 62+ you can get a Senior Lifetime pass for $80:  America The Beautiful National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass

That is good for parking at Odiorne so you only pay the $1 processing charge when you reserve. You can get one at the entrance to Plum Island.

Liz

Liz, I've had one of those passes for years and never knew it was good at Odiorne.  Where does it say you can use it?

2 hours ago, prudenceb said:

Liz, I've had one of those passes for years and never knew it was good at Odiorne.  Where does it say you can use it?

On the site where you reserve and pay for a space. There’s a long list of discounts. 

Actually padding at 0900! I recommend arriving no later than 830; the gates open at 8.

I believe there in an AMC trip launching there at 9am tomorrow as well so we'll try to not steal any of their paddlers accidentally. ;)