newbie introduction

I am going to be wintering in Gloucester, approx. mid November 2020 till mid May 2021.  Interested in shoulder season paddling opportunities.   I am a seakayaking newbie, lack knowledge of tides, currents, trip planning, navigation.  Had a few days of instruction in SF bay just before covid.  Also I used to do whitewater and have some instinctual bracing and a roll which is 100% when I don't need it, but to which I wouldn't necessarily trust my life on rough water.  Have a 14 ft  Current Designs boat which I will bring along, unless someone tells me not to even bother with such a wimpy vessel. Also a drysuit.  If someone is willing to take me along on trips on relatively sheltered water, I'd be happy for the opportunity.  Also advice on equipment and skills is very welcome.   I'm pretty fanatic about covid safety.

Hi Fredrick, 

My friend Ken and I paddle a lot out of Ipswich, MA. It's about 30 to 40 minutes from Gloucester, depending on the part of town you will be living in. There is a good amount of protected year round paddling in Ipswich on the salt marshes we would be glad to share with you. Reachout to me once you get settled in Gloucester if you would like to join us.

Kind regards,

Doug Cooke