NSPN Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
Jim Snyder

Monday June 1

I'm paddling in the Portsmouth area Monday if you'd like to join me, observing safe distancing.

Would love to but MA residents still not welcome in NH.  Launches may not allow us.  Do you have any newer info?

There were a lot of MA plates at Goat Island last week. I didn't see any issues.

I thin that NH has (unfortunately) not been clear on restricting out-of-state visitors like MA and ME.   I would be more than happy to be corrected on that, but in general NH has been lax in centralizing info. 

I drove by the Odiorne launch today and it is still closed. NH will be opening beaches on a Monday, 6/1. I think there’s a good chance that the Odiorne launch will also open on Monday, but I don’t know for sure.

Thanks, Jeff.  Appreciate any updates you and others can give going forward.  It'll be great to paddle with you again!

Odiorne launch and the parking lot across the river are both closed.  A friend and I were able to  park in a small parking lot  (5 cars) between then golf course, and the Wentworth hotel. I believe the launch on Piece Island is open.   

I think the real concern is not boat launching but people hanging out on the  beaches, and that is why they closed Odiorne. 

https://www.cityofportsmouth.com/city/peirce-island

Edited by Brian McCormack

Sign in to follow this