Unable to renew membership

Hello,

I have been a member of nspn for ~10 years now and have been experiencing issues with my attempts to renew my membership (my wife's as well).  When I select renew membership and attempt to add to the cart I get the following message dialog:

"You are allowed to purchase one of this product, and you have already done so."

Something must be wrong here as I've only selected one item and I seem to be unable to even locate where the cart even is in this system.  Can someone please help me out?

Dave,

Your membership invoice had expired, since it was a year since your membership had expired.  I've reset the invoice, and you should be able to pay.  I did the same for Julie's invoice, so if you log onto her account it should be OK now too.

Thanks for your help.  However, I still have this same issue where the same message is displayed when I attempt to add to the cart.  There seems to be some issue with me being a past member that it doesn't like.  I was able to start to try to join as a new member, but then it complained about my email address already existing.  Seems like the only way for me to join is to create a fake email account.  Any way around this?  Is there anyway to delete all of my old membership purchases/renewals?

If you could do same for me, I'd appreciate it. I can do all the functions of a member here, but I am listed as a Guest. This can be confusing to others. If you can figure it out, thanks!

Kate

• 3 weeks later...

He

Hello, I am also experiencing this very same issue.  When I attempt to join (renew actually) I get the following pop up message:

You are only allowed to purchase one of this product, and you have already done so. 

All, I can do is select the OK button and then I have no chance to renew after that.  Thank you very much if you can please help me out.

l

Julie, an email has been sent to you with a link to renew your membership.  If you need any further assistance, please email membership@NSPN.org.

Nope, there are other "village idiots!" You're not alone!  Apparently it has to do with once your membership has expired--there's some kind of glitch with renewing?  So try to renew before it expires?  Anyway, I hope you got your prob resolved too.  Thanks, Julie

Everyone is supposed to receive a renewal email reminder 30 days before membership expires, which includes a link to pay the "invoice" for the next year's memberships.  This invoice can be paid up to 365 days after membership expiration by going into the STORE and MANAGE PURCHASES.  After the 365-day grace period, the invoice expires and can not be paid, therefore it must be reset by a membership administrator.  Trying to purchase another membership generates the popup notice "You are only allowed to purchase one of this product, and you have already done so.", which is what some of you are experiencing.  If you are not seeing the renewal email notices, they are probably going into your spam folder, and you should adjust your filter settings to prevent that in the future.

At this time, we can not send additional renewal notices other than the 30-day reminder, nor can we send an expiration notice when a membership expires.  The only indicator available is membership status (Paid Member or Guest) displayed under each persons profile info at the left of each post.  While attempts are being made to work with IPS (designers of the forum) to modify some of these issues, the chances of actually getting any changes made are low.

In the meantime, if anyone else needs help with their membership, please feel free to email Membership@NSPN.org.

• 1 month later...

Just experienced the same issue and spent the last 10 min reading forums until I saw this.  I’ll send an email but I wonder if you’re losing members who don’t have the patience/luck to see this.  If it’s not possible to fix the bug (I’m assuming this is run by a volunteer who would rightly rather be paddling) is it possible to edit the error message to include the explanation and link to membership@NSPN.org?  

Unfortunately, the error message is generated by the company that operates the forum software, so we don’t have any control over the language.