Climate Change info, post John Huth's recent talk

Sue H.

Hi Folks,

I wanted to give everyone a heads-up regarding yesterday's 60 Minutes Episode.  This program included a spotlight on the ongoing Climate Change lawsuit against the US Government (filed in 2015), brought by an Oregon lawyer and director of Our Children's Trust.  The plaintiffs are 21 children from as many states, and basically the lawyers/organization have accumulated 50 years of evidence, actually the government's own studies, or studies they solicited or "heard" in hearings, on the climate effects of fossil fuels, etc.  I can not give the effort and lawsuit justice here, but their judicial progress is the most optimistic possibility I have encountered surrounding this pivotal challenge of our time.  If this brief note sparks your interest, you can Google "60 Minutes Overtime" and watch the expanded version of the segment (I think the title is Climate Kids).

Best, Sue

Hmm, not a Chinese hoax? It really exists?

Edited by leong

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm..Trying to understand how the two subjects tie in? Interesting about declination changes over time. I then assume the testing and research showed all declination moving the same direction? What percent was thrown out? How accurate were the original surveys?   I tried to see my own stone walls through the canopy but could not. Not sure why..

• 3 weeks later...

Hi John,

No need to be sorry.  Your contributions, via knowledgeable presentations, suggested books & online references, and your personal workshop documents are greatly appreciated and respected.  NSPN is lucky indeed !

Best, Sue