Lane's Cove to Rockport, Saturday November 24, 2018

prudenceb

Lane's Cove to Rockport, Saturday November 24

Any interest in working off a couple hundred of the extra 9000 calories you packed in on Thanksgiving?  Join me for a mellow post-holiday paddle.  While Thanksgiving and day after are forecast to be cold and windy, things will hopefully moderate by Saturday.  Current marine forecast calls for winds SW 5-10 with seas 2 feet and temps trending up to 40’s.  I'll be keeping eye on forecast over next few days.

While the calendar says fall, reality is saying winter.  Drysuits required for all participants.  If you have questions about adequacy of your boat or gear, post here or send me a PM.

And if you know you're interested, please post to that effect here.

Prudence

Glad to see interest in the trip.  I'll post a go/no go message by Friday mid-afternoon.  Things still looking promising.  I will also send out a group PM to all who have voiced interest with launch time and other relevant details.  Not to worry, as much as I'm an early on the water paddler in the summer, I'm sensible enough to know that a) parking shouldn't be a challenge and b) it gets warmer as day goes on - so will let those factors inform launch time!

In the meantime, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Prudence

2 hours ago, Jeff Charette said:

I will have a rare Saturday off from work and plan to join you all. Looking forward to it.

Jeff

Yay!

Trip is definitely on for tmrw.  I will send PM to all who have expressed interest in a bit.  First, I need to get my boat on car before it gets dark!

Prudence