Odiorne Point - Monday, July 9

Jeff Charette

Monday, July 9 - Odiorne Point to Rye Harbor, back to Odiorne
Sue Morin, Dave Merriman, and Jeff Charette
Conditions - Air temps mid 80s, light breeze WSW 5 - 10 becoming S 5 - 10 afternoon,
1 foot swell with a light chop in the morning, swell increasing to around 2 feet with light chop afternoon.

Dave, with his new to him, Romany Classic, Sue, and I met at Odiorne Point around 9:15am. After sorting out boats and gear we were ready and on the water on schedule for our 10:00 launch. 

P7090001.thumb.JPG.fc962a196a73b76773a6ced3c929f6ad.JPG

I think Sue caught the kayaking bug.

We paddled out through Little Harbor and out the breakwater, on an outgoing tide, where we were met with a mild 1 foot swell and gentle chop. Paddling along the NH coast we all enjoyed the mild conditions, and the scenery.

P7090002.thumb.JPG.17af8e6c98dece376be5b59f73ea7aca.JPG
Sue appears to be enjoying the mild conditions.

P7090003.thumb.JPG.f2ff9607318bf34aec38f5c0ee6cb4ee.JPG

Dave in the new, to him, Romany Classic.

P7090007.thumb.JPG.1bf4efa954ce82fa8ec5aaf88e127b83.JPG

We stopped at Rye Harbor for a light lunch, then it was back on the water for the return to Odiorne. After lunch the swell picked up to around 2 feet, again with just a mild chop. With the breeze to our back and a gentle swell the return trip was quick and pleasant, everyone enjoying the conditions. 

We arrived back at Oriorne shortly after low tide, to a muddy landing, which I’m sure most local paddlers are all too familiar with. Overall a very pleasant day. Thanks to Dave and Sue for joining me and helping to make this a fun day.