NSPN Kayak Camping Workshop! Thursday April 24th

PeterB

NSPN members, please come to the 2014 NSPN kayak camping workshop on Thursday April 24th, 6:30-9:00 PM at REI in Reading

This years workshop will feature Kate Hartland and Suz Hutchinson, who between them have many years of kayak camping experience, and who also journey by kayak differently. So the workshop will offer two unique and valuable perspectives: how they plan, how they pack, how and where they travel , how they cook and eat, and how they pack out what they bring.

Kate will provide a unique exposition which combines her kayak camping experiences and methods with photographs (which are well known and loved by all of us in NSPN) . Suz will focus on camp cooking, kitchen and recipes: she has planned and prepared food for groups as small as one and as large as 10 and over.

We will also have a boat loaded for camping and, as always, discuss gear!

Kayak camping workshop attendees invariably come away with some new idea on some bit of gear to use while camping, or some new way of doing things.

One of the features this workshop that people share their own perspectives : in fact this workshop is likely to have attendees who have camped more than the presenters this year(!!) so the theme will be as much sharing of information as receiving a presentation. So, if you have a favorite and unique bit of kayak camping gear (that you can fit in a tote bag or something like it) , you're welcome to bring it for show and tell.

This workshop will be suitable for paddlers with no experience hoping to get an introduction to kayak camping, and also for experienced kayak campers looking for new or different perspectives on kayak camping

Please RSVP by going to the the calendar posting on the message board .

Looking forward to seeing you on the 24th!

NSPN members, please come to the NSPN kayak camping workshop, which will be held on ThursdayApril 24th, 6:30-9:00 PM at REI in Reading

This year's workshop will feature Kate Hartland and Suz Hutchinson, who between them have many years of kayak camping experience, and who also journey by kayak differently. So the workshop will offer two unique and valuable perspectives: how they plan, how they pack, how and where they travel , how they cook and eat, and how they pack out what they bring.

Kate will provide a unique exposition which combines her kayak camping experiences and methods with photographs (which are well known and loved by all of us in NSPN) . Suz will focus on camp cooking, kitchen and recipes: she has planned and prepared food for groups as small as one and as large as 10 and over.

We will also have a boat loaded for camping and, as always, discuss gear!

Kayak camping workshop attendees invariably come away with some new idea on some bit of gear to use while camping, or some new way of doing things.

One of the features this workshop is for people to share their own perspectives : in fact this workshop is likely to have attendees who have camped more than the presenters this year (!) so the theme will be as much sharing of information as receiving a presentation. So, if you have a favorite and unique bit of kayak camping gear (that you can fit in a tote bag or something like it) , youre welcome to bring it for show and tell.

This workshop will be suitable for paddlers with no experience hoping to get an introduction to kayak camping, and also for experienced kayak campers looking for new or different perspectives on kayak camping

Please RSVP by going to the the calendar posting on the message board .

Looking forward to seeing you on the 24th!

Peter, Kate and Suz,

Thank you very much for organizing this workshop. I have always made a point of attending in previous years and plan to again this year. You all do a great job!

As you might imagine, the next morning, April 25, a few buddies and I will be heading out for a three day kayak camping trip. After all you can never kayak camp too much and I am always searching for new ideas on photography skills, camping recipes and gear.

I do not have a lot of new gear or suggestions, but perhaps I can bring along my Bear Bell for “show and tell” time during the workshop. It is usually a real crowd pleaser!

Warren

Peter, Kate and Suz,

Thank you very much for organizing this workshop. I have always made a point of attending in previous years and plan to again this year. You all do a great job!

As you might imagine, the next morning, April 25, a few buddies and I will be heading out for a three day kayak camping trip. After all you can never kayak camp too much and I am always searching for new ideas on photography skills, camping recipes and gear.

I do not have a lot of new gear or suggestions, but perhaps I can bring along my Bear Bell for “show and tell” time during the workshop. It is usually a real crowd pleaser!

Warren

Just don't demo the bear spray, it will clear the room out.

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to say thank you for your presentation Kate, Suz, and Peter. I took information home from each of you - thanks. That was some work to get everything set up

-Dave