NSPN Pool Session

Joyce Carpenter

I'm planning to come this afternoon to the Haverhill session, which will be my first pool session. I just realized I have a few questions: 1) where in Haverhill? Can you provide a street address so I can get directions? 2) Is this the usual "bib" at 1, so I should arrive at 12:30ish?

Any advise on what to wear / bring would also be helpful.

Thanks!

Here is a Bing link showing the Haverhill pool. (Google apparently has obsolete satellite images.)

The street address is 137 Monument Street, Haverhill, MA 01832.

We usually start bringing gear into the lobby a little before the start, but rarely get to bring our kayaks into the pool itself until the start time.

Students swim in the pool, and occasionally it is WARM, but usually it is a bit cool. Some people just use a swimsuit and shirt, others wear a wetsuit and tuilik. I leave my drysuit at home because of the pool chemicals. There are locker rooms to change in with showers. Though at least on the men's side, we can not control the shower temperature.

Other than that, bring the same gear you would use at a summer pond session. Kayak, paddles, skirt, PFD, and optionally helmet, nose plugs, mask, goggles, paddle float, etc.

We usually help everyone carry kayaks into the pool area, then change in the locker rooms. So getting there five to ten minutes early is a good idea, though thirty minutes would be excessive.

Thanks! Turns out that Nancy Hill called a bit after my post to offer me a ride. At least this first time there, I can just try to pay attention to where she's going. Next time, I'll be able to get there myself.

Great checklist! I think I have most of it organized and ready to throw into Nancy's car when she gets here.

Ok now back to studying my videos for the hour I have left. :-)

See ya soon & thanks again!!