Lanes Cove --Sunday

Lbeale

Anyone interested in doing some paddlin' on Sunday outa Lanes Cove? BIBs around 10:30? Level 3 - 4 trip, I guess

Helmets for rock hoppers, tow belts -- etc -- you know the drill - not the leader -- just trying to make this trip happen -- whatever--

Just got meself a new boat so I am itchin' to playin' rather than straight paddling and mileage - but those of you who want to do less play and more paddlin' we can work with that --

We can decide the destination at launch based on the which way the winds are blowin'- those of you who have paddled with me before know I hate sloggin'

Post your interest here so I can have some idea of head count.

Les

Swearin' Ferret

Hey Ferret Lady,

Wow, I wish I could join you for that one, I'm over due for some rock'n and rolling practice too. Gotta guide gig up in ME however, but my season is over after next weekend, so maybe then? . What boat did you snag? I'm itch'n to get in my Delphin 155 and helmet again and get real wet.

Hoping to camp with an NSPN group on Bang or Jewell next weekend if I can get off of work and home duties, are you interested in that? It's a cleanup effort apart from the normal fun, to help MITA.

Sid

Edited by sidcohen

Bill,

How could I deny you your beauty sleep -- I know how important that is to you -- and just for you, 11:00 is fine with me --

Sid,

I snagged me a prototype NDK Pilgrim expedition LV 50/50 lay up with custom bulkheads from Tom up there in Peaks - mighty fine-- white over white with black -- the special touch is the NDK dragon symbol on the deck -- mighty, mighty, fine, indeed --Tom foams the boat to your specs as well as the seat height as part of the purchase price -- so the boat fits real nice --

Les

Any idea of the water temp on Cape Ann?

Lisa measured the temps a few places on Thursday's circumnavigation. Nowhere was it below 62 degrees. I think she read 65+ just outside of Lanes Cove!

Lisa measured the temps a few places on Thursday's circumnavigation. Nowhere was it below 62 degrees. I think she read 65+ just outside of Lanes Cove!

Thanks Leon. Join us if you can. Need to squeeze out a few more paddles without a dry suit.

Yep, 62 most of the way around (starting 1 hr. before high tide). Near Lane's, 67 deg. in the top 6 inches, if you can believe that. By then it had been simmering a while under that nice warm sun. Good lesson on how warm the water can get if it isn't being stirred by the wind. Conditions were the flattest I've seen in a long time, all around the Cape.

Not sure you can trust those temps for different conditions, though...

-Lisa

Paddler's Math:

Get up early and have breakfast

+ Check Email, Website, Weather, and Tide

:D No thunder in the forecast

:D No small craft advisory

:D Bumpy water

:D Air temperature close to water temperature (perfect dry suit weather)

+ Dress for paddle, pack food

+ Drive a little more than an hour and a half

+ Spend an hour and a half at put-in

+ Drive a little more than an hour and a half

+ Check Website

:(

We all missed a potentially great day on the water.