L2+/3- Explore Ipswich and Essex Bay Coast & End of Crane Beach, Sun. 8/11

alcoons

L2+/3- Explore Ipswich and Essex Bay Coast & End of Crane Beach, Sun. 8/11

Date: Sunday, August 11

Level: 2+/3-, 9-11 miles leisurely, supportive paddle. Not going for distance or speed, rather enjoyment. However, appropriate for ocean kayaks with skegs or rudders, not rec boats.

Put-in: Lanes Cove, hopefully right side at boat ramp beach besides seawall

Route: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6035911 perhaps with further exploration of Essex Bay.

Tides: Low: 8:32 AM, High: 2:55 PM

CAM: Everyone needs to have practiced wet exits and be comfortable doing them if the need arises. This is a CAM (Common Adventure Model) trip. I am an initiator/organizer but not the trip leader. We are all potential leaders and all equally responsible for each other. Paddling decisions will be made by the group as a whole. For more information about the Common Adventure Model, go to the NSPN main menu /Our History.

Changes/Cancellation: Be sure to check this posting for any changes or updates. This trip is weather dependent. If strong winds and/or thunderstorms are forecast, it will be cancelled.

RSVP: RSVP here to let me know if you are interested.

Al Coons

Cetus: red over white, mostly over

Great Shari. So the trip is on unless something unexpected happens (aliens)? Of course, it is always good to check in the morning before you leave.

Al

781-879-9377 mobile (do not have email on the phone)

I just signed up, I was planning on paddling that area tomorrow anyway and would like to join you if it is not too late.

Never too late. See you tomorrow. Looking forward to meeting you.

Al