Walden Pond Skills Session

Lbeale

Looks like a fine day to be on the water.

Although the forecast does call for Tstorms later this afternoon - the possibility is 30% --so unless that % changes dramatically, I will be at Walden around 4:30 --

Les

If events follow the last couple days and what is typical for these atmospheric conditions you will see things develop later in the evening so I'd recommend you leave (your house or office) early and often. They've also been closing main parking due to high volume of attendance, not sure how that effects the boat launch parking, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone going tonight? I've never been, but would love to meet up with folks. Great way to cool off and practice reentries.

-Brenda

Hi Brenda,

I just heard from Les that she's unlikely to make it today, but I'm planning on it. I hope to be there by 5:30.

Sometimes on very hot days -- for example, today -- the park closes when they hit capacity. I thought I had a phone number to call to check, but I can't find it right now. If I find it, I'll post.

Do you know where to park? THe boat launch is separate from the main parking, but you need to pay at the main gate or have a season pass. If you're coming from Rt 2, the main lots / pay kiosk is on the left; the boat launch and parking is on the right further down.

Hope to see you later.

--Joyce